Slackwater and Covid-19
COVID-19 & COMMUNICABLE DISEASES UPDATES AND POLICIES
We are all aware of the global impact that the 2019 Coronavirus has caused. Re-opening our business, and how we operate moving forward will be governed by recommendations and guidelines provided to us by the Ministry of Health, WorkSafe BC, Liquor & Cannabis Regulations Branch, BC Restaurant & Food Services Association, BC Craft Brewers Guild and more.
Staff and guest health and safety is our priority. There are going to be daily routines, policies and checklists put into place to ensure this, and to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, and other infectious diseases. Your health and safety as staff is our responsibility, your responsibility as front of house workers is to ensure our policies are being met by yourself, our colleagues and the guests.
Being a foodservices operator and beverage manufacturer, we are already held to high standards of cleanliness and sanitation, most of which are covered in our employee training documents and throughout the rest of this document. The following policies and practices are in addition to our already high levels of compliance;
When possible, tables and separate groups are to be kept as spaced as possible to reduce interaction between different groups and guests. With the exception of special events, the majority of our floorplan will remain socially distanced, with a minimum of 3-6ft between tables if possible.
Correct & Frequent Hand Cleaning
- Signages provided by the BC Center for Disease Control are located at every sink in the building.
- As food and beverage handlers you will be required to follow the correct cleaning and sanitation procedures on the sheets provided. Please clean and sanitize them as frequently as possible, not just when they get dirty.
- Hold your colleagues, managers and guests accountable if you see people not washing their hands or following procedure.
- When bussing tables for dishes and glassware, please use the provided blue nitrile gloves and a bus bin. DO NOT put your fingers inside used glassware at any times. Please use blue nitrile gloves when loading and operating the glass washers and dishwasher.
Hourly Cleaning Logs
- Entry door handles, washrooms, bar counters and other major contact points will have dedicated cleaning logs that are to be completed hourly. We understand that washroom checks aren’t the most glamorous of tasks, so to be fair to all, staff will all take turns in sharing the responsibility to check the washrooms and sign off and this will be added to the schedule.
- Managers/supervisors will conduct checks (frequently) every three hours to ensure the responsible staff members are completing the checks.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
Opening, operating and closing checklists are to be completed on a daily basis, along with the additional COVID cleaning logs and a permanent attitude by all staff members to continually increase our health and safety policies to keep all that come into contact with our business safe.
Symptomatic Employee Policy
- Employees exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, the flu or common cold are NOT to come to work. Please help protect yourself, your team and our customers and stay at home.
- If you do not disclose symptoms and they are identified by a manager or other staff member, you will be asked to go home until well.
- Signage is posted at the front door for customers.
Symptomatic Guest Policy
- We have the right to refuse any customers exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- There will be signage posted at the front door and you need to be diligent when serving guests. If you suspect a sick or symptomatic guest at your table, please discuss immediately with your manager on duty. This policy is being adopted and supported on a national level and further guidance from the Federal level is yet to be revealed.
Personal Protection Equipment
Personal protection such as masks and gloves are optional for all staff, however, management and ownership recommend that employees without vaccinations continue to wear a mask when in close contact with guests and other colleagues.